A year ago, I made my skeptic predictions for 2009, and compared to certain big-ticket psychics, I did remarkably well. I think that I did so well largely because I used every psychic trick in the book for these sorts of things, specifically use of vague and open-ended criteria and liberal use of wide error-margins. Psychics often make predictions of things that won't happen, and then claim victory. I'm reasonably educated, and I read the news, so I would stack up my political insights over any psychic around.
Last year I made 16 predictions, but scoring was kind of difficult: it took a ridiculously long time to check up on everything, and some predictions had up to 6 points of information that I had to research. In order to save some time and frustration next January, I'm going to limit my scope and size.
So, what do I predict will happen in 2010?
1) An election will be called in Canada, and the Liberals will win a minority government.
2) There will be a modest civil rights demonstration in Vancouver during the Olympics.
3) The price of oil will not change more than 30% from current prices (as of today, A barrel of oil costs $82.94).
4) Just like in Ontario, Alberta and Nova Scotia legislatures will pass laws granting naturopaths the right to prescribe science-based medications.
5) The Democrats will lost their filibuster-proof majority in Congress after the November elections.
6) Iron Man 2 will be the biggest summer blockbuster, followed by the next Twilight movie.
7) Scientists will observe what they think may be water on an earth-like extra-solar planet.
8) The Mars Spirit Rover will go offline.
9) Space X will continue their success, and expand their operations
10) The BCA will drop their lawsuit against Simon Singh
11) The extra-solar planet count to over 500 by year's end, thanks largely to NASA's Kepler Mission.
Okay, that's all I feel like writing for now. Check back in a year and see how I did. Better yet, check back often and keep reading :)
Website Hit Counters